[Vision2020] Drug Prices

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 16 16:12:44 PDT 2004

I  respectfully disagree Mr. Meyer. I think the the wasted money is on the
Pharmaceutical companies that can charge 100-10,000% their cost. No other
market in the world has that large of a mark up. And yes, I do think making
any profit for a medical need is immoral. A salary for the the workers is
fine, but a profit on the medical need of other people is wrong because it
results in there being people getting boob jobs while their are little girls
going without cleft plate surgery.

I think the entire idea of profiteering on the misery of others is a
demented concept. I think people that become Doctors for the purpose of
making lots of money rather than helping others should have their licenses
revoked. I think companies that charge  an old lady $300 a month for
medication that limits her suffering just a bit, when it only cost them $3
to produce, should be shut down.

The advertising is just a symptom of the greed to sell more of a product to
people that have money and don't need a product which drives the demand and
thus cost up so the poor that truly need it cannot afford it.

The entire American Medical practice, and everything about it, is based on
greed. It is wrong, and why research companies produce pills to treat
symptoms rather than just curing the disease or fixing the problem.

Donovan J Arnold