[Vision2020] Jane Siberry

Joan Opyr auntiestablishment at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 15 13:04:26 PDT 2004

Ted writes:

>Forget Judy Collins.  OK, this is cruel, I love her version of Joni Mitchell's "Michael from Mountains," but really, listen...
>Take whatever steps necessary and acquire the albums "Teenager" and "When I Was A Boy" by Jane Siberry.
>Siberry is the real deal genius song writer singer who embarrasses the pretenders.  k. d. Lang loves her, so there you >go... If you already have heard her and don't like her, ignore this rant, or if you have already heard her and love her, let >me know.

Dear Ted and others:

I have been to the mountain top.  I have a copy of the soundtrack to "Until the End of the World" which features the k. d. lang and Jane Siberry duet, "Calling All Angels."  If there's anything lovelier short of Kirsten Flagstad singing the Liebestod from Tristan and Isolde, I don't know what it is.

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment

PS: I'm only engaging in mild hyperbole here.  Siberry and lang together are marvelous.  But then, lang and Tony Bennett together are marvelous.  Wait . . . I think I might be mostly a lang fan. Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com