[Vision2020] Christ Church To Donate $ To City?

Captain Kirker captainkirker at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 16 07:43:20 PDT 2004

Visionheads:

Douglas Wilson said, “Assuming a victory on appeal, [the Kirk elders]
decided to pursue donating some comparable amount to what the property tax
would have been for city services, etc.”

Please note the Dougspeak in this sentence. Wilson did not say that the Kirk
elders *would* “donate the taxable amount to the city,” he said they would
*pursue* it. And that little qualifier, “pursue,” guarantees bad faith. It
means that if the Kirk prevails, then some fortuitous circumstance will
suddenly obstruct their charitable pursuit and prevent them from giving one
cent to Moscow.

Take this to the bank: if Wilson wanted to give money to the city, then he
would have done it already without blowing his horn. Either that, or else
he’s a hypocrite. Scripture says, “When you do a charitable deed, do not
sound a trumpet before you as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the
streets, that they may have glory from men” (Matt 6:2).

And if I’m wrong about this, then I will gladly donate $1000 from the Kirk
tithe to the illegal gambling joint of my choice.

I am, and shall remain, the Captain at your service.

MSN 9 Dial-up Internet Access helps fight spam and pop-ups – now 2 months
FREE! http://join.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200361ave/direct/01/