[Vision2020] Property Tax Proposal

DonaldH675 at aol.com DonaldH675 at aol.com
Fri Jul 16 06:14:35 PDT 2004

Visionaries:

Jeff Harkin's email raises a host of substantive issues for 2020 participants
to consider.  I especially liked  " we need to define what we want Latah
County to be." This remark is inclusive in outlook, open-ended, goal oriented and
thought provoking.   Following up on Jeff's statement, I would like to know
what other Visionaries think the top priorities for Latah County officials
should be.
I guess my list would include:  a proactive position on environmental issues
- with a genuine responsiveness to citizens (i.e. no more neighborhood gravel
pits);  regularly scheduled Meet-the-Commissioners style  outreach forums
(commissioners travel as a group to towns outside Moscow for town hall style
meetings); and increased funding for adult literacy programs.
Rose Huskey

"One cannot level one's moral lance at every evil in the universe. There are
just too many of them. But you can do something, and the difference between
doing something and doing nothing is everything." Daniel Berrigan