[Vision2020] A question

Carl Westberg carlwestberg846 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 14 09:29:04 PDT 2004

While I was perusing an article entitled "Contact chemostimuli in the mating
behaviour of the cattle tick, "Boophilus Microplus" (standard opening line,
"What's a nice tick like you doing on a bovine like this?"), a wayward
thought hit me, having nothing to do with ticks having sex.  What is Alice
in Wonderlandish, strange, humorous, and small townish about people who pay
their fair share of property taxes expecting others to do the same?  Now, if
you'll excuse me, I must return to the article.  Did you know that mating of
the cattle tick is mediated by chemical stimuli on the cuticle of females?
You do now.

                                                               Carl Westberg
Jr.