[Vision2020] message from Tom Trail

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Mon Jul 12 18:40:35 PDT 2004

Interesting -

Let me see if I have this right.

We (the US of A) are in Iraq to chase away terrorists.  But the insurgents
are not made up of terrorists.  The insurgents consist of Shiites, Sunnis,
and other Iraqi religious remnants.  The real terrorists (the Al Qaeda et
al) are known to be residing in a series of time-share condos in Saudi
Arabia (by their own admission) where they frequently take unwilling guests
(South Koreans, Phillipinos, a couple American Marines, etc.).  We have not
shown any offensive action against the real terrorists because we are too
involved in keeping Iraq free of those pesky, violent insurgents.  These
same insurgents have been given blanket immunity from any criminal action by
the Iraqi government unless they (the insurgents) threaten Iraqi security,
in which case they will be beheaded by a "very sharp sword" (their words,
not mine).

Interpretation:  According to the Iraqi government, the insurgents are free
to shoot as many Americans as they please, then turn themselves in to the
Iraqi government under the new blanket immunity, total amnesty program.  The
insurgents would then be given their freedom provided they didn't shoot any
Iraqis which could be considered a threat against Iraqi security.  For this
we need to send more troops to Iraq??

FYI:  Four more American Marines were killed in Iraq this morning.

And the beat goes on.

See you at the polls.

PS - I understand that there may very well be two seats to fill on the U.S.
Supreme Court during the next four years.  If Bubba Dubya is re-elected, his
two replacements will make Scalia look like a closet liberal (oops!  Did I
say the "L" word).