[Vision2020] Might As Well Dance

Ron Force rforce at moscow.com
Fri Jul 9 11:20:45 PDT 2004

Here's the story behind the column and the author.  It was actually written
when she was 63:

Last Tuesday, The Times profiled Ann Wells of Laguna Niguel, whose
13-year-old newspaper essay about loss and cherishing each day has been
reborn on the Internet. Wells, 76, penned the column a couple of years after
her sister unexpectedly died, and several years before she would lose her
husband.

Her work somehow made its way to the Internet, where it moves by e-mail and
chain letters, compliments of the forward button, and has been renamed "A
Story to Live By." Wells, a retired secretary and occasional freelancer, was
stunned that the essay, first published in The Times in April 1985, has been
zipping through cyberspace. She doesn't even have e-mail. "I'm as surprised
as anyone," Wells said.

Los Angeles Times. Los Angeles, Calif.: Nov 22, 1998

Ron Force          Moscow ID USA
rforce at moscow.com