[Vision2020] Kerry's VP Selection

Donovan Arnold donovanarnold at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 6 22:48:00 PDT 2004

Mr. Shou writes:

"Edwards' upsides? Edwards has the highest positives, lowest negatives, and
highest name recognition of any of those who were shortlisted for VP,
excluding
longshots Richardson and McCain, both of whom said that they weren't in the
running. He's got a good background, a fantastic stump speech, and he's
better
off-the-cuff than anyone in public life since Bill Clinton."

Yeap, and a boring guy that places himself against a highly energetic person
is going to look even more boring. Politics 101: Don't pick a runningmate
that is going to make you look boring, stupid, sick or old. Kerry just did
that.

I also want to point out that this is not a popularity vote for President.
The electoral college wins the election. Edwards and Kerry are not bringing
in any new electoral with this ticket combo. This election may even end up
269-269 resulting in it going to Congress and the Senate. Then I will have
to explain that process to everyone again and watch the FOX News give out
misinformation on how Presidential selection process works in case of a tie,
or someone failing to get 270 electoral votes.

In terms of your silly comments, I could care less which party(s) nominate
Bush, I still would not vote for him and that would be irrelevant to most
voters except you. I originally wanted a Hillary/Clark, or Clark/Richardson
ticket.

I think a Kerry/Edwards is not the best we could have come up with and makes
the election more about Iraq and Afghanistan then before.

I have a Kucinich Ticket on my car. This the problem with the Democratic
Party. Members refuse to listen to common sense and reason, instead they
attack the person, this is why we are the minority in the County, State, and
Federal Governments despite the fact that there are millions more Democrats
in the nation than Republicans. Democratic strategy is really bad.

Donovan J Arnold
Political Scientist