[Vision2020] Kerry's VP Selection

Andreas Schou scho8053 at uidaho.edu
Tue Jul 6 17:30:16 PDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: Donovan Arnold <donovanarnold at hotmail.com>
Date: Tuesday, July 6, 2004 10:41 am
Subject: RE: [Vision2020] Kerry's VP Selection

> That is to bad I really wanted to beat Bush in 2004. But at least
> now we
> know Hillary has a clear shot in 2008 and we will be ready for her
> by then.
> Kerry is such a sport for the Clintons.

Bizarre. I'm beginning to wonder if you'd just prefer if GWB changed tickets and ran as a Democrat.

Edwards' upsides? Edwards has the highest positives, lowest negatives, and highest name recognition of any of those who were shortlisted for VP, excluding longshots Richardson and McCain, both of whom said that they weren't in the running. He's got a good background, a fantastic stump speech, and he's better off-the-cuff than anyone in public life since Bill Clinton.

His downsides? Well, he's more moderate than I am -- I'm more in line with Dennis "Moonbeam" Kucinich, but, hell, when it came down to it, not even /I/ voted for him. Also, he looks like a used car salesman.

-- ACS