[Vision2020] UI Task Force Members Paid!!?

hayfields at moscow.com hayfields at moscow.com
Tue Jul 6 08:24:30 PDT 2004

Saundra
I am very interested in this.  Certainly there has been no mention in the task
force "releases" or anything on the web site that these might be paid
positions. I suppose it would be possible, maybe necessary  to pay the
classified staff for comp time, but I would be interested to know if anyone
else is getting paid, and just exactly which budget that is coming from.  I
know they spent 2 full days in meetings, but I would think that would have
fallen under the "other duties as assigned" rather than getting to be counted
as comp time.  I suppose you could pay the exempt personnel on the grounds
that it is beyond the contract that they agreed too.  Certainly no mention was
made when they were asking for nominations that there was a possibility that
the positions might be paid.  Does anyone know what criteria was used to
select the members to this committee? I know that they have taken a vow of
silence and nothing comes out from any individual.   Just notices signed "the
task force".
If you get any responses to this question, I would sure like to hear it. Would
you post it to Vision2020?

Thanks
Heather
Jordan