[Vision2020] An Interesting Study of Media Bias

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat Jul 3 11:23:40 PDT 2004

Now, here is a major surprise.  Did you know that each of the privately
owned news services tend to be to the right or left of center when they
report the news?  WOW!  Hold the presses.  Better yet, sue the presses.

Too many people tend to file the "L" word in the same cabinet as the "F"
word.  How dare somebody be liberal?  How dare somebody have an opinion that
is bound by community consciousness?

Everybody knows that the Moral Majority is found at the top of the list of
"Who's Who in Conservative America".

We must not . . . We cannot . . . We will not allow our community to be
exposed to concepts or philosophies contrary to the moral majority.  If we
accept just one free-thinking liberal into our inner-most moral sanctum and
allow him/her to express his/her liberal opinions to our community, who
knows where it is likely to end.

That liberal John F. Kennedy gave birth to the Peace Corps, thus providing
an option to invasions of foreign lands by corporate America, and developing
a liberal flavor on the "Moral Highground".  Can you imagine out-sourcing
without an increase in your financial "bottom line"?

Then came Lyndon Johnson and his Headstart Program.  Do you really think
that low-income families should reap any benefits from their tax dollar?
How can America provide tax breaks to families earning over $200,000
annually if we spend it on domestic programs for the under-privileged?

And don't get me started on that tree-hugging Jimmy Carter and his Habitats
for Humanity.  You give a guy one lousy Nobel Peace Prize and he thinks we
should listen to him.

See you at the polls.

Take care of yourselves and each other,

Tom Hansen
That radically moderate left-wing conservative