[Vision2020] UI Task Force Members Paid?

Saundra Lund sslund at adelphia.net
Fri Jul 2 07:27:35 PDT 2004

Visionaries:

Can anyone confirm that UI Task Force members are being paid beyond their
regularly salary for their service on the Task Force?

In the course of talking about conditions on campus, that's what I was told by a
UI employee.  This person only had a limited understanding of the supposed
compensation details, but she stated that a year-round staff person was
receiving $7500 for being on the Task Force.  Compensation might well be
different for faculty and/or for employees who have nine-month contracts -- my
friend didn't have all the details.

I try to keep up on local news  ;-), but this was the first I'd heard of
additional compensation for Task Force members.

Has anyone else heard/read about this?  Is additional payment for Task Force
members common knowledge and I somehow missed it -- maybe it was in the news
while I was stuck in that terrorism scare on the train in MD?

Or is it an unconfirmed rumor?

TIA for any information.

Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID