[Vision2020] What is relative moralism

Tom Hansen thansen@moscow.com
Fri, 30 Jan 2004 05:47:30 -0800

Greetings Visionaires -

I stated:

"I believe that what Douglas Wilson means by "relative moralism" is better
defined as situational ethics."

To which Ted "I have no last name" responded:

"Please Tom, do explain what "situational ethics" is, in terms of Wilson's
beliefs, which you appeared to claim to understand."

Mr. "I have no last name" - I do not claim anywhere in my 16-word post that
I understand Douglas Wilson's beliefs.  Only he can explain his beliefs.

As far as "situational ethics" is concerned:

situational ethics - The philosophy that there are overriding ethical
maxims, but that sometimes it is necessary to set them aside in particular
situations to fulfill a higher law or principle.
http://highered.mcgraw-hill.com/sites/0767430158/student_view0/glossary.html

Now, if you will excuse me I have some posting to do.

Tom Hansen
Not On The Palouse, Not Ever

 A good friend will come and bail you out of jail.  But, a true friend will
be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"