[Vision2020] Steve Wilkins on Racism

DonaldH675@aol.com DonaldH675@aol.com
Thu, 29 Jan 2004 23:58:58 EST

-------------------------------1075438738

Jerry,

What a gracious invitation to Steve Wilkins talk.  Instead of worrying about
what he thinks about slavery (it is my sense that safely in Idaho, away from
his neo-con friends, he will backtrack so fast all we will see are skid marks)
you might want to place his book on hospitality on your reading list.

I am a bit curious why you think that many of us have only spent three weeks
thinking about Neo-Confederate organizations or racism.  I urge you to do a
quick 2020 archival search - it might refresh your memory on how long this has
been a topic.

I was unaware that Steve Wilkins was receiving death threats because of his
multicultural congregation.  If that is the case, it must be easy for him to
empathize with those of us who are under the same burden from his fellow forum
speaker, George Grant who calls for the death penalty for homosexuals,
fornicators, and the incorrigible adolesent.

Do we register for this talk, or just come on in?

Rose Huskey

-------------------------------1075438738

<HTML><HEAD>
<META charset=3DUTF-8 http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charse=
t=3Dutf-8">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2734.1600" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV>Jerry,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>What a gracious invitation to Steve Wilkins talk.&nbsp; Instead of worr=
ying about what he thinks about slavery (it is my sense that safely in Idaho=
, away from his neo-con friends,&nbsp;he will backtrack so fast all we will=20=
see are skid marks) you might want to place his book on hospitality on your=20=
reading list.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I am a bit curious why you think that many of us have only spent three=20=
weeks thinking about Neo-Confederate organizations or racism.&nbsp; I urge y=
ou to do a quick 2020 archival search - it might refresh your memory on how=20=
long this has been a topic.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I was unaware that Steve Wilkins was receiving death threats&nbsp;becau=
se of&nbsp;his&nbsp;multicultural congregation.&nbsp;&nbsp;If that is the ca=
se, it must be easy for him to empathize with those of us who are&nbsp;under=
 the same burden from his fellow&nbsp;forum speaker,&nbsp;George Grant who c=
alls for the death penalty for homosexuals, fornicators, and the incorrigibl=
e adolesent.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Do we register for this talk, or just come on in?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Rose Huskey</DIV></BODY></HTML>