[Vision2020] Steve Wilkins on Racism

Steve Wells wellstep@turbonet.com
Thu, 29 Jan 2004 20:16:58 -0800

Hey, thanks for the information, Jerry. I didn't know that Steve Wilkins
was visiting Moscow
and will be speaking on the U of I campus. Imagine that!

Do you happen to know if he's changed his position on slavery? I know
that Doug Wilson hasn't.
Just the other day, he said in the Daily News that he'd never change his
mind about anything. Not Ever.
So I guess he still believes that "slavery is evil" *and* that "a man
may be a faithful Christian and a
slave owner." That has always been his clear position on the subject.

But what about Steve Wilkins? Does he still agree with Doug Wilson on
that? If so, then I won't be
attending his talk. I don't want to support those views.

And you, Jerry? Do you think that "a man may be a faithful Christian and
a slave owner"? If so, you'll
probably want to attend. If not, you won't. (Or maybe it'll take you a
few weeks to study southern
slavery before you'll know whether or not you support it.)

Steve Wells