[Vision2020] Edna's questions about the Morecraft letter

Captain Kirker captainkirker@hotmail.com
Tue, 27 Jan 2004 17:26:25 +0000

Dear Edna,

Welcome to Kool-Aid country; you’ve landed in Doug Jonestown, home of the
Branch Dougidians. As an authorized spokesman for Douglas Wilson, I will
answer the questions you posed on Saturday.

First, Doug wants everyone to know that when the RPCUS declared him a
heretic on June 22, 2002, they also called on his puppet denomination (the
CRE) to “institute judicial process against” him. They passed this
resolution because they (the RPCUS) did not have standing to try him. But
their jurisdictional limitation did not remove his heresy; it simply
obligated the CRE to hold him responsible, which of course they would never
do.

Second, Doug wants everyone to know that on April 3, 2002, a presbytery in
the Orthodox Presbyterian Church also passed a resolution against him. This
declaration warned the Church of “some grave dangers with the practices of
Douglas Wilson and Christ Church.” That’s two resolutions from two
denominations in less than three months. One addressed his doctrine, the
other his ethics. By medieval standards he’s a “pestilent heretick”; today
he’s just a “post-modern heretic.”

Third, your comparison to Martin Luther was both faulty and hilarious. When
Luther withstood the Pope, he also contended for the priesthood of all
believers, the right of private judgment, and the doctrine of justification
by faith alone. But if Doug has his way, he will stand Luther on his head,
establish a Protestant magisterium, and redefine “faith alone.” What’s the
point? you ask. He’s a neo-Catholic. The Grand Wizard wants to be pope.

The doctrinal issues are too tangled for this discussion, but suffice to say
that Wilson’s Reformed peers have demolished his position. You can see for
yourself at the link below. As you read those papers, notice that his
critics constantly charge him with using faulty logic, playing word games,
and making false representations. In other words, Doug is a sophist. So
don’t compare him with Luther or Servetus; he’s more like Jim Jones or David
Koresh.

Lastly, you asked about the “real issue.” The real issue has nothing to do
with town-hall meetings, jurisdictions, heresies, or flags. The real issue
is quite simple: Douglas Wilson will not take responsibility for his
conduct. Period.

In 1996 he co-wrote a booklet defending the antebellum institution of
Southern slavery, and today, instead of confessing the truth, he has
blame-shifted his way through this scandal with a blizzard of lies. He has
lied so much that there’s no one left to lie to. First he blamed the
“anonymous flyer”; then he accused the Daily News with lying; then he said
the book was written against the butchery of 600,000 people in the Civil War
(funny, my edition doesn’t have that chapter); then he blamed the homosexual
lobby; and now he claims that he is a “victim of abuse.” He even cried to
the governor. WHHHHHAAAAAAA! In the meantime he secretly pulled SSAIW off
the shelf without explanation.

But Douglas Wilson never said, “I invited the Daily News into my living room
and smiled for the camera as I discussed the biblical merits of Southern
slavery. I now realize that my book is offensive to mankind because it is
historically inaccurate and biblically untenable. I am completely
responsible for this gross mistake and I ask you to forgive me.”

No, Doug poked everyone in the eye, and then pitched a fit. And that’s
because Douglas Wilson is a hypocrite.

Cordially,

Captain Kirker

PS: The next time you need a Christ Church response, direct your question to
Doug Jones. That way you won’t have to leave your keyboard, and we won’t be
bothered with your childish pranks.

http://www.knoxseminary.org/Prospective/Faculty/Colloquium/