[Vision2020] What if..

Carl Westberg carlwestberg846@hotmail.com
Mon, 26 Jan 2004 12:08:19 -0800

What if Moscow, a town divided, was suddenly, without warning, invaded by
evil aliens from Uranus?  Aliens with designs on turning our town into an
exclusive destination resort for rich, snobby Uranusians?  (You may wonder
why Moscow would be chosen as a resort, but have you seen Uranus?)  Would we
continue our internal squabbling, only to fall under the onslaught, or would
we stand together for a common cause?  Would Doug Wilson and Bill London
take up arms together?  Doug Jones side by side with Joan Opyr?  Nate Wilson
and me? (I would be the much smaller one, and of course, the one on the
left.)   The choice would be ours.  Fight as one to preserve our community,
or end up working in really strange Uranusian style restaurants, serving
bizarre meals to haughty Uranusians,  who probably are lousy tippers?
Changing sheets (yuck) at the Moscow branch of the Uranus Motel 6?   For
minimal Uranusian wages?  Probably no benefits, or chance for promotion?
What would we do?  Something to think about.  Or not.

                       Carl Westberg Jr.