[Vision2020] Separate V2020 Lists?

Aldoussoma@aol.com Aldoussoma@aol.com
Thu, 22 Jan 2004 19:31:21 EST

--part1_9e.1c48056.2d41c559_boundary

Sunil:

I avoided going there, but it did occur to me that Tim's previous rantings on
this subject seemed a bit obsessive, an obsession I had had quite enough of
during Clinton's impeachment.  But this is what makes the list more valuable,
perhaps, that no one can dictate what is newsworthy or not.  Even with all its
faults, often V2020 and its members offer a more newsworthy view of certain
events than the so called "news" we get in the sound bites offered in the
monetarily driven "news" media.

One of our City Council members commented in the Daily News that V2020 was
not a good source of factual info.  Actually, I think there are so many lurkers
waiting to pounce on BS on the list that the false stories get corrected
rather often, and much valuable info is offered with links to sources that are
reliable.

I think V2020 does quite well as an open unmoderated list serve, though the
potential is there for it to self destruct if a large number of people went off
the deep end "spamming" the list.

OK, maybe "Naked At Dennys" is a trivial post.  Mea culpa.

Ted

--part1_9e.1c48056.2d41c559_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10>
<BR>Sunil:
<BR>
<BR>I avoided going there, but it did occur to me that Tim's previous rantin=
gs on this subject seemed a bit obsessive, an obsession I had had quite enou=
gh of during Clinton's impeachment. &nbsp;But this is what makes the list mo=
re valuable, perhaps, that no one can dictate what is newsworthy or not. &nb=
sp;Even with all its faults, often V2020 and its members offer a more newswo=
rthy view of certain events than the so called "news" we get in the sound bi=
tes offered in the monetarily driven "news" media.
<BR>
<BR>One of our City Council members commented in the Daily News that V2020 w=
as not a good source of factual info. &nbsp;Actually, I think there are so m=
any lurkers waiting to pounce on BS on the list that the false stories get c=
orrected rather often, and much valuable info is offered with links to sourc=
es that are reliable.
<BR>
<BR>I think V2020 does quite well as an open unmoderated list serve, though=20=
the potential is there for it to self destruct if a large number of people w=
ent off the deep end "spamming" the list.=20
<BR>
<BR>OK, maybe "Naked At Dennys" is a trivial post. &nbsp;Mea culpa.
<BR>
<BR>Ted</FONT></HTML>

--part1_9e.1c48056.2d41c559_boundary--