[Vision2020] Take Edna to lunch

Saundra Lund sslund@adelphia.net
Tue, 20 Jan 2004 14:49:11 -0800

Ms. Huskey wrote:
"PS  Why don't you take Edna W. out to lunch?  He could probably use a
sandwich and a beer.  It's not easy being transsexual, even in cyberspace."

ROTFLOL!   I think you hit that nail on the head, but he could be a
transvestite.  In either case, he's definitely a sinner according to the
"tolerant" Mike Lawyers of our community.

Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.
-Edmund Burke

-----Original Message-----
From: vision2020-admin@moscow.com [mailto:vision2020-admin@moscow.com] On
Behalf Of DonaldH675@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 2:13 PM
To: vision2020@moscow.com; mike_l@moscow.com
Subject: [Vision2020] Take Edna to lunch

Dear Mike Lawyer and Visionaries,

When my car, washing machine, or ironing board is broken, I don't care what
theology or cultural point of view is held by the person who fixes them.  I
require a level of mechanical competency, that all.

However, when I turn to a "thinker" to help me sort through intellectual or
religious questions I have specific standards.  As I hope, do you.  Your
standard apparently does not exclude a man that you identify as racist.
Although your pastor claims that racism is evil according to the Bible, you
seem to argue that Dabney's racist beliefs do not taint his theological
greatness.  Certainly in the world of Neo-Confederates Dabney's name is head
and shoulders above all others of his time and place. Doug is choosing to
make R.L. Dabney a central focus during the upcoming opinion conference.
His choice of course, but not a surprising one, all things considered.
Dabney is not the only Presbyterian writer of the 19th century that deserves
continuing theological attention.  But, he is certainly one that fits the
bill for Doug "slavery-was-a-boon-for-black-folks" Wilson.

So, lets move off this silly thread and turn our attention to contemporary,
localized issues like the upcoming opinion conference, for example.  Am I
correct in assuming that those attending will be lectured on the wickedness
of revolution, that civilization has taken giant steps backward since the
enlightenment, and that we should bring back a godly king?  Charles is going
to be a hard sell if that's the case - but you folks are specializing in
justifying the absurd these days, so you should be almost up to the task.

Rose Huskey