[Vision2020] Is there a correct interpretation of the bible? Response

Art Deco deco@moscow.com
Tue, 20 Jan 2004 09:28:47 -0800

To those not interested in this thread of dialogue, the delete key is a
quick and satisfying escape.

To others:

After reading the question below from mystery being "Edna Wilmington", I see
now that my first response based on a rapid reading was in error and have
decided to make a reply when time permits.

However, I am not interested in pursuing a Socratic Dialogue, where Edna is
playing the wise and patient solon leading by cleverly designed questions,
the stupid bumbler, myself, into the open skies of knowledge.

Questions are fine and take little effort from the questioner.  Responses
take a great deal more time.  If Edna wishes to continue this discussion,
he/she/they would do well to state and argue for their own position.  They
might start by showing why they believe as asserted below that deception is
unethical.

I would hope that those interest in the issues raised in this discussion
will give their own opinion and not make this a boring discussion between
two people.  One of the goals of Vision 2020 is to encourage community
discussion on topics of interest.  The truth of religious and knowledge
claims is a topic which can over time influence people's thoughts and
consequently their actions in the community.

Wayne Fox