[Vision2020] Lies?

Saundra Lund sslund@adelphia.net
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 11:47:04 -0800

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, IMHO.

AFAIK, for a lie to be a lie, there must be a *deliberate* attempt to
mislead.

Lies are not to be confused with mistakes, where there isn't a *deliberate*
attempt to mislead or create a false impression.

Doug Wilson told a wicked lie in his op-ed piece where he *intentionally*
attempted to mislead uninformed people by saying the recent Moscow Community
/ Christ Church controversy was about homosexuality rather than about his
revisionist views on slavery.  He & his followers may have issues about
homosexuality, but that's not the issue most in the Moscow Community were up
in arms about this time -- although I'm more than happy to take Wilson et al
to task on that topic as well  :-)

Rose Huskey apparently was mistaken about the publisher of one of Steve
Wilkins' books.

Ms. Zoe may have difficulties recognizing the distinction between lies and
mistakes, but I'm willing to bet most of us don't have the same problem
because we've not allowed our minds to become clouded by false prophets.
*Not* that I'm a Biblical scholar or anything, but I do remember some of my
childhood Sunday School lessons fairly well.

Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.
-Edmund Burke