[Vision2020] Thine eye shall not pity

Steve Wells wellstep@turbonet.com
Wed, 14 Jan 2004 12:46:58 -0800

--------------080201000408040706030800

Don't worry, Sandra, I think your hands are safe. But we should ask Doug
Wilson or Greg Dickison just to be sure. (But since they're not talking
to us anymore, I guess we'll have to try to figure this out on our own.)

The passage quoted by Mr. Dickison in his Credenda Agenda article (Your
Eye Shall Not Pity
<http://www.credenda.org/old/issues/vol3/magi3-9.htm>) was Dt.25:11-12,
which reads:

"When men strive together one with another, and the wife of the one
draweth near for to deliver her husband out of the hand of him that
smiteth him, and putteth forth her hand, and taketh him by the secrets:
Then thou shalt cut off her hand, thine eye shall not pity her."

So if we apply this law as Greg and Doug insist that we should, we must
cut off a woman's hand if she touches another man's genitals (for pretty
much any reason), but not touching her husband's private parts.  I think
the bible permits her to do that as often as she likes.

--------------080201000408040706030800

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Don't worry, Sandra, I think your hands are safe. But we should ask Doug
Wilson or Greg Dickison just to be sure. (But since they're not talking to
us anymore, I guess we'll have to try to figure this out on our own.)<br>
The passage quoted by Mr. Dickison in his Credenda Agenda article (<a
 href="http://www.credenda.org/old/issues/vol3/magi3-9.htm">Your Eye Shall
Not Pity</a>) was Dt.25:11-12, which reads:<br>
"When men strive together one with another, and the wife of the one draweth
near for to deliver her husband out of the hand of him that smiteth him,
and putteth forth her hand, and taketh him by the secrets: Then thou shalt
cut off her hand, thine eye shall not pity her."<br>
So if we apply this law as Greg and Doug insist that we should, we must cut
off a woman's hand if she touches another man's genitals (for pretty much
any reason), but not touching her husband's private parts.&nbsp; I think the bible
permits her to do that as often as she likes.<br>

--------------080201000408040706030800--