[Vision2020] Response to "Leftist screeching has accomplished little"

Saundra Lund sslund@adelphia.net
Mon, 12 Jan 2004 05:01:44 -0800

I see Doug Wilson is at it again with his campaign of misinformation and
revisionist history (Opinion, Jan.  9).  Now he's trying to convince us that
the controversy is not about his views on Southern slavery, but it's about
homosexuality.  As one who's followed the controversy, that's news to me!

Mr. Wilson may be able to fool some of the people some of the time, but he
cannot fool all of the people all of the time.  Just because Wilson says
something doesn't make it fact.  Once again, Mr. Wilson is just simply
wrong, and his belated attempt to shift the focus and rewrite our
community's experience is wicked, arrogant, and insulting.

It is true that Mr. Wilson sees modern Christians as needing to fight
against "abortion, feminism, and sodomy."  Those issues are part of his
agenda.  However, it's his justification of slavery and the upcoming
"history" conference that got him in hot water this time.

Warning:  for any tempted to accept Mr. Wilson's offer to debate, make sure
to BYOB (Bring Your Own Bodyguard).  If Wilson and his minions don't like
what you have to say, your microphone will be turned off, you will be
shouted down, and you will be physically "escorted" from the premises,
whether by Christ Church members or their buddies.  Think I'm exaggerating?
I'm not, for this is exactly what happened to a dissenting participant at
Wilson's Christ Church Town Hall Meeting.

I call on Wilson and his followers to quit playing the Religion Card and
stop accusing those who disagree with theonomism of intolerance.  We do not
object to your minority beliefs; rather, it's the intent of your actions and
behavior that's abhorrent and intolerable to those of us who support the
Constitution of the United States of America.

Saundra Lund
1220 Highland Dr.
Moscow, ID   83843

(208) 882-2150