[Vision2020] Re:P.D. standards

DonaldH675@aol.com DonaldH675@aol.com
Thu, 8 Jan 2004 18:50:33 EST

-------------------------------1073605833

I am busily collecting background information on the P.D. standards developed
by the National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys.  There is an Idaho
State chapter of that organization and I am certain many of our local
attorney's are members.  They are undoubtedly aware of the standards and could
perhaps chime in on this discussion.  The state of Washington has reviewed their
standards in the not so distant pass.  One of the suggested standards regarding
contract attorneys was placing a limit on the number of private clients they
could serve.  This would help to ensure that indigent clients get a reasonable
share of the P.D.'s time.  I am in the very earliest stage of research on this
topic, and its not my field (that's for darned sure) so I'd appreciate any
suggestions from those of you with legal background and training.
Thanks,
Rose Huskey

-------------------------------1073605833

<HTML><HEAD>
<META charset=3DUTF-8 http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charse=
t=3Dutf-8">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2734.1600" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV>I am busily collecting background information on the&nbsp;P.D. standard=
s developed by the National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys.&nbsp;=
 There is an Idaho State chapter of that organization and I am certain many=20=
of our local attorney's are members.&nbsp; They are undoubtedly aware of the=
 standards and could perhaps chime in on this discussion.&nbsp; The state of=
 Washington has reviewed their standards in the not so distant pass.&nbsp; O=
ne of the suggested standards regarding contract attorneys was placing a lim=
it on the number of private clients they could serve.&nbsp; This would help=20=
to ensure that&nbsp;indigent clients get a&nbsp;reasonable share of the P.D.=
's time.&nbsp; I am in the very earliest stage of research on this topic, an=
d its not my field (that's for darned&nbsp;sure) so I'd appreciate any sugge=
stions from those of you with legal background and training.</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks,</DIV>
<DIV>Rose Huskey</DIV></BODY></HTML>