[Vision2020] The niceties of public defense

Tami Stinebaugh stin1624@uidaho.edu
Thu, 08 Jan 2004 10:43:35 -0800

The same way that I know IN FACT that Joan Opyr is a nice person, I also know that Greg Dickison is a good Public Defender.  I know these things from personal experiences.  I did not mean to imply that I don't think PDs should be held accountable.  I was stating an experience a close family member of mine has had with the PD that has been named in recent vision 2020 posts. My point is only that I do feel that Mr. Dickison has done everything he can to defend her against the charges.  He is going above and beyond what I ever expected from a PD, and on top of that, he has been respectful, courteous and compassionate.  All of those things together, and I think she has a good thing going with Greg Dickison defending her.

About the accountability, I agree completely.  I was stating that I felt it was unfair that SOME posts seemed to be pointing fingers solely at Mr. Dickison's job performance, based only on his personal beliefs.  This I disagree completely with, knowing that he does a very good job defending at least one client, and that he has no reason to give special treatment to her.  Based on this, I am thinking he likely defends all of his clients with the same aggressive, AND compassionate manner.

Tami Stinebaugh