[Vision2020] Public Defender Religious Issues

Tom Hansen thansen@moscow.com
Wed, 7 Jan 2004 05:53:36 -0800

Saundra Lund stated:

"For instance, I want to know what makes a public defender in Latah County,
Idaho "worth" about $77,000 a year while a state of California PD in Los
Angeles only makes $38,000-86,000 per year?"

Excellent question, Saundra.  I didn't realize that a Latah County Public
Defender's pay is comparable to a Los Angeles County Public Defender, whose
client list is obviously more burdensome than his counter-part in Latah
County.  A "max end" of $86,000 in LA compared to $77,000 here??????????

Rose:  Could you ask our County Commissioners how they justify such a
salary?  Thanks.

Take care,

Tom Hansen
Not On The Palouse, Not Ever

The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds the most
discoveries, is not Eureka! (i.e. I found it!) but 'That's funny...'
- Issac Asimov