[Vision2020] Why do we do the things we do?

hayfields@moscow.com hayfields@moscow.com
Tue, 6 Jan 2004 05:57:33 GMT

Visionaries,

I like many have been reading the various and sundry posts back and forth about
Christ Church, Auntie E, and Rose and others. I have seen many posts about
intolerance, diversity,liberalism, crime and punishment.
I have been most interested in the posts that say (paraphrasing of course in
the interest of brevity) "Shuddap, move on, leave them(unspecified) alone...."
Of particular interest to me is the line of thinking that goes- "what Christ
Church and its members espouse is only words, a set of beliefs...it cannot hurt
you, they are not enacting actual violence,so why worry about it?" I am
probably the least likely in my family (yes, I am the daughter of Donaldh675)to
ascribe sinister motives. So I wonder, are there instances where a
population/community looked the other way at a religious sect (or cult if you
prefer)and lived to rue the day?  Concrete examples would be best.  Something
modern would be great.  Can they really take over a town,county, state? I guess
what I am trying to find out is...what happens when we all as a group
say..."Yeah you are right, we should all mind our own business." Is that the
community that we want for Moscow? What are the possible realistic consequences?

Heather
Jordan

           http://www.fsr.net/