[Vision2020] highway

DonovArn@aol.com DonovArn@aol.com
Fri, 27 Feb 2004 02:07:05 EST

-------------------------------1077865625

In a message dated 2/26/2004 10:25:08 PM Pacific Standard Time,
sunilramalingam@hotmail.com writes:
Donovan, I find it interesting that you think Idaho is too lax on drunk
drivers.  One of the  Kootenai County deputy prosecutors recently had a column in
the Spokesman-Review attacking Washington's ''lax" DUI laws, and complained
that Washington doesn't have a felony DUI law; he contrasted Idaho's wonderful
felony DUI statute and argued that Washington should follow our legislature's
example.
Sunil,

First of all, anyone that claims anyone should follow the example of the
Idaho State Legislature ought to be tested for sanity.

Second, I lived in Kootenai County for 8 years. You know what, our Mayor,
County Commissioner, State Representative, and US Congressman, had all been
arrested multiple times for Driving while drunk. Did they ever spend the night in
jail like Washington requires? Nope. Was the vehicle they were driving
confiscated like it is in Washington? Nope. Was their driver's license suspended?
Nope. I knew lots of people that had been given DUI's lots of times that are still
on the roads.

I also know the Kootenai County Prosecutor, Douglas, I even campaigned for
him before he switched from Democrat to Republican. He lived down the road from
me. I worked for his brother for 5 years. "One of the  Kootenai County deputy
prosecutors" is the key here. Which one, which deputy? They range from the
most competent, like Black, the senior county Prosecutor, to the mundane, silly,
26 year old Prosecutor that have lost almost every case they have tried.

Third, I take my evidence from the fact that the people that kill people
driving drunk, including the one that killed my Aunt, are walking around free as a
kite. That is wrong. They should be held accountable for their murderous
actions.

Respectfully,
Donovan J Arnold

-------------------------------1077865625

<HTML><HEAD>
rset=3DUS-ASCII">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1264" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV>
<DIV>In a message dated 2/26/2004 10:25:08 PM Pacific Standard Time, sunilra=
malingam@hotmail.com writes:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: blue=20=
2px solid"><FONT face=3DArial>Donovan, I find it interesting that you think=20=
Idaho is too lax on drunk drivers.&nbsp;&nbsp;One of the&nbsp; Kootenai Coun=
ty deputy prosecutors recently had a column in the Spokesman-Review attackin=
g Washington's ''lax" DUI laws, and complained that Washington doesn't have=20=
a felony DUI law; he contrasted Idaho's wonderful felony DUI statute and arg=
ued that Washington should follow our legislature's example.&nbsp; </FONT></=
BLOCKQUOTE></DIV>
<DIV>Sunil,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>First of all, anyone that claims anyone should follow the example of th=
e Idaho State Legislature ought to be tested for sanity.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Second, I lived in Kootenai County for 8 years. You know what, our Mayo=
r, County Commissioner, State Representative, and US Congressman, had all be=
en arrested multiple times for Driving while drunk. Did they ever spend the=20=
night in jail like Washington requires? Nope. Was the vehicle they were driv=
ing confiscated like it is in Washington? Nope. Was their driver's license s=
uspended? Nope.&nbsp;I knew lots of people that had&nbsp;been given DUI's&nb=
sp;lots of times that are still on the roads.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I also know the Kootenai County Prosecutor, Douglas, I even campaigned=20=
for him before he switched from Democrat to Republican. He lived down the ro=
ad from me. I worked for his brother for 5 years. "One of the&nbsp; Kootenai=
 County deputy prosecutors" is the key here. Which one, which deputy? They r=
ange from the most competent, like Black, the senior county Prosecutor, to t=
he mundane, silly, 26 year old Prosecutor that have lost almost every case t=
hey have tried.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Third, I take my evidence from the fact that the people that kill peopl=
e driving drunk, including the one that killed my Aunt,&nbsp;are walking aro=
und free as a kite. That is wrong. They should&nbsp;be held accountable for=20=
their&nbsp;murderous actions.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Respectfully,</DIV>
<DIV>Donovan J Arnold</DIV>