[Vision2020] RE: outrage in our schools

Saundra Lund sslund@adelphia.net
Tue, 24 Feb 2004 15:28:20 -0800

Well, I'm not sure I'm understanding your question.

If I'm understanding correctly, this person is *not* an employee of the
school district, so I fail to see what good mandatory school district drug
testing would do.

And, AFAIK, probation officers are *not* employed by the police department
-- they are employed by the State.  Again, what good would mandatory school
district drug testing do to address the situation?  If you are talking about
a juvenile probation officer, then that person would be employed by Youth
Services through the county, I think.  So, I'd think county government would
be the appropriate place to take up your desire for mandatory drug testing
(if it's not already in place).

Please understand that I'm not trying to minimize you concern, but it seems
to me that you've got to clearly identify the problem and approach the
proper authorities to expect results.  It sounds like you've not yet
approached this person's employer, so that seem to me to be the next step.

And, I would be remiss to not point out that allegations are just that:
allegations.  Just because someone makes an anonymous statement (in this
case, the young man's statement to you) does not make it fact.  It might be,
but there would have to be more information to establish any semblance of
credibility.

What was the response of MPD to the allegation?  Am I correctly
understanding that you spoke to MPD today, but the officer refused to take
your statement or write a report?  If that's correct, then I'd take up the
matter with the officers supervisor and so forth, all the way up to the
Chief until you are satisfied with your understanding of the action/inaction
of the MPD.  We could speculate until the cows come home, but without
knowing more facts . . .

FYI -- I believe the earlier comments about "Douggie" were in reference to
Doug Wilson.  While I am *certainly* not a Christ Church fan <g>, I doubt
Wilson would use such a crude pseudonym, and FWIW, I don't think it helps
your cause.

Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.