[Vision2020] Do you feel a draft?

mushroom mushroom@moscow.com
Sun, 22 Feb 2004 13:32:19 -0800

Nick Gier wrote:

> US PREPARING FOR MILITARY DRAFT IN SPRING 2005
> By Adam Stutz
> Indymedia.org
> Wednesday January 28, 2004
>
> http://www.vancouver.indymedia.org/news/2004/01/105146.php
>
> Reinstatement of the draft

A draft would be the last thing the Bush administration would want. A
draft would spread the responsibilty for defending our arrogant foreign
policy to the middle class, and a lot of middle class mothers and
fathers would be pretty upset.

As it is, our present failure to provide decent employment opportunities
makes it easier to attract young people to the military. You can oppose
our arrogant foreign policy and our war in Iraq and still support our
troops. The best thing we could do for them, of course, is to bring them
home.

Don Coombs