[Vision2020] Idaho House OKs Gay Marriage Ban Amendment.

Tom Hansen thansen@moscow.com
Fri, 13 Feb 2004 06:10:02 -0800

Could somebody please explain to me exactly what damage would be caused if
same-sex marriages were recognized in Idaho?

How would peoples' daily lives be adversely and irrevocably changed?

I have heard on this forumseveral times that you cannot legislate morals.
Well, the Idaho state legislature says that htose people are wrong.  You can
and (by their measure) must legislate to the point of amending the state
constitution.

Hey, Representative Trail.  How about firing up the old Equal Rights
Amendment?  Or is that a legislative "no no"?

Tom Hansen
Intolerista to the Stars

PS - Jake (down at the quarry) wants to marry his dog.  Will Idaho let him
do that?  I checked the Idaho statutes.  As long as his dog is a bitch, it's
OK with them.