[Vision2020] Eureka!

Joan Opyr auntiestablishment@hotmail.com
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 22:23:15 -0800

Dear (dieting) Visionaries:

I know I'm violating the two posts a day rule, but I must share a piece of
good news with those of you who might be, shall we say, somewhat challenged
in the adipose tissue department.  This afternoon, I discovered that
Wheatberries Bakery sells a low-carb strawberry cheesecake, and -- no
hyperbole at all here -- it was a little slice of heaven.  As I have been
subsisting for several weeks now on meat with a side of meat smothered in
meat sauce, AKA the Atkins Diet, I felt like weeping for joy.

So, a little blast of happiness in an otherwise dismal day.  Damn the Idaho
legislature anyway.  In the great scheme of things, tide and time are
against them.  But low-carb cheesecake, there's a contribution to the ages.

Joan Opyr/Pro-Cheesecake Establishment

PS:  Nineteen states allow first cousin marriages: Alabama, Florida, New
Jersey, Tennessee,
Alaska, Georgia, New Mexico, Texas, California, Hawaii, New York, Vermont,
Colorado, Maryland Rhode Island, Virginia, Connecticut, Massachusetts, and
South Carolina.  Four states allow first cousin marriage with restrictions
which may include genetic counseling, the proven sterility of at least one
of the partners, and age, i.e., the female partner is post-menopausal:
Arizona, Maine, Illinois, and Wisconsin.

It's also worth noting that every state in the union recognizes opposite sex
marriages conducted by Elvis impersonators; performed on television for cash
prizes; between drunks who've just met at the slot machines in Vegas;
between teenagers who are barely old enough to drive; between those who
marry for money; between those who have been married eight times previously;
between those who marry for convenience; those who marry to get their
mothers off their backs; and those who find themselves pregnant, or trapped,
or desperate, or frightened.

But no state legally recognizes my committed 12-year marriage to Melynda.
In the immortal words of the Wicked Witch of the West, "What a world, what a
world."

Create your own personal Web page with the info you use most, at My MSN.