[Vision2020] Photos Added "Not On The Palouse" Did we miss something?

Saundra Lund sslund@adelphia.net
Wed, 11 Feb 2004 12:46:19 -0800

P.S. Stile <psstile@hotmail.com> wrote:
"It was The Daily News that reported that security was hired to protect the
protestors."

Really?!?!  Where did you read that?  There were several articles published
in TDN, but I don't recall reading anything like that.  The closest I saw
was from NSA teacher cum conference security guru Nate Wilson:
"Nate Wilson said church officials are concerned that white supremacists and
"true blue" neo-Confederates will show up at the conference under the
impression that Christ Church is on their side.  Attendees are not screened,
but any obvious white supremacist will be turned away."
(Police:  Conference security an issue; The Daily News; 2/5/2004)

In addition to Mr. Hansen's valid question ("If (in your eyes) the police
were on hand to protect the protestors (both of them), why were they indoors
with the conference attendees and not outside with both of the protestors?),
I also have to wonder about *why* CC hired 16 people to man the conference
*doors* if there was worry for the safety of the *protestors*?  Unless, of
course, there were valid (IMHO) concerns that conference attendees would be
so whipped into an uncontrollable hate frenzy by the "Believer vs
Unbeliever" sexist, racist, homophobic notions being showcased inside that
the 16 were hired to keep attendees confined until the fury had passed.

To determine the *real* CC security agenda, we need look no further than
Wilson's 12/20/2003 letter to Gov. Kempthorne:
"The businesses of some of our people have been vandalized, and the attacks
on us are growing increasingly brazen. . . I am very concerned about what
may happen this February at our conference.  If there is violence or
harassment of any kind (and there has already been quite a bit), it would
not be difficult at all to show how the UI nurtured the climate in which
this developed."

Ah . . . wait . . . I get it!  You, P.S. Stile, were just trying to practice
the sad "Great Art of History Revision by Twisting Facts" skills you
*thought* you'd learned from the master himself!

Sorry . . . you still need *lots* more practice . . . better keep studying!
LOL -- better luck next time  :-)

Saundra Lund
Moscow, ID

nothing.