[Vision2020] Moscow's Finest

DonaldH675@aol.com DonaldH675@aol.com
Mon, 9 Feb 2004 18:28:33 EST

-------------------------------1076369313

Dear Visionaries:

Over the last weekend our community was shown the courage and commitment of
brave, generous, tolerant, and loving people.  I refer to the folks who
sponsored and worked at the Hands Up For Humanity display at the SUB, the students
who silently and deliberately sat in the cold, wind, and snow with signs
supporting UI History professors, the gracious hospitality of the priest and members
of St. Augustine Catholic Church who offered free hot drinks and pleasant
conversation to anyone wishing to accept it, the patient University of Idaho staff
members whose work made it possible for the conference attendees to feel
comfortable, the professional and friendly officers from the Moscow Police
Department who provided conference security, and the invited Human Rights speakers
and guests who enriched and encouraged us with their wisdom and humor.  I am
grateful for the opportunity to meet, talk to, and learn from these folks.

When a community comes together, as we did last weekend, it sends a message
beyond the town borders.  It is my hope that conference attendees and the local
sponsors returned to their homes with a very clear understanding that the
citizens of Moscow are committed to retaining and expanding a climate that is
free of racism, homophobia, sexism, religious bias, and pseudo-intellectual
elitism. For indeed, there is no place on the Palouse for those sentiments.

Rosemary Huskey

-------------------------------1076369313

<HTML xmlns:o =3D "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" xmlns:st1 =3D "u=
rn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags"><HEAD>
<META charset=3DUTF-8 http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charse=
t=3Dutf-8">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2734.1600" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT size=3D3><FONT face=
=3D"Times New Roman">Dear Visionaries:</FONT></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><o:p><FONT face=3D"Times=20=
New Roman" size=3D3>&nbsp;</FONT></o:p></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT size=3D3><FONT face=
=3D"Times New Roman">Over the last weekend our community was shown the coura=
ge and commitment of brave, generous, tolerant, and loving people. <SPAN sty=
le=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp;</SPAN>I refer to the folks who sponsored and=
 worked at the Hands Up For Humanity display at the SUB, the students who si=
lently and deliberately sat in the cold, wind, and snow with signs supportin=
g UI History professors, the gracious hospitality of the priest and members=20=
of St. Augustine Catholic Church who offered free hot drinks and pleasant co=
nversation to anyone wishing to accept it, the patient University of Idaho s=
taff members&nbsp;whose work made it possible for the conference attendees t=
o feel&nbsp;comfortable, the professional and friendly&nbsp;officers from th=
e Moscow Police Department who provided conference security, and the invited=
 Human Rights speakers and guests who enriched and encouraged us with their=20=
wisdom and humor.<SPAN style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>I am gratef=
ul for the opportunity to meet, talk to, and learn from these folks.<SPAN st=
yle=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN></FONT></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT size=3D3><FONT face=
=3D"Times New Roman"><SPAN style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes"></SPAN></FONT></FONT>=
&nbsp;</P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=3D"Times New R=
oman" size=3D3>When a community comes together, as we did last weekend, it s=
ends a message beyond the town borders.<SPAN style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">&nb=
sp; </SPAN>It is my hope that conference attendees and the local sponsors re=
turned to their homes with a very clear understanding that the&nbsp;citizens=
 of <st1:City><st1:place>Moscow</st1:place></st1:City> are committed to reta=
ining and expanding a climate that is free of racism, homophobia, sexism, re=
ligious bias,&nbsp;and pseudo-intellectual elitism. For indeed, there is no=20=
place on the Palouse for those sentiments</FONT><FONT face=3D"Times New Roma=
n" size=3D3>.</FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=3D"Times New R=
oman" size=3D3></FONT>&nbsp;</P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face=3D"Times New R=
oman" size=3D3>Rosemary Huskey</FONT></P></BODY></HTML>