[Vision2020] Idaho Legislature to Vote on Same Sex Marriage Ban Amendment to Constitution

Tom Hansen thansen@moscow.com
Sun, 8 Feb 2004 06:29:49 -0800

“This constitutional amendment will not change the policy of the state of Idaho,” said Rep. Henry Kulcyzk. “We’re not making any change at all as far as the direction of Idaho policy.”

Let me see if I have this right.  Members of the state legislature are trying to pass an amendment to the state constitution that has zero impact on anything currently in effect?  And how does this save the tax payers of Idaho any time, money, or effort?  Unless they are trying to avoid recognizing a same sex marriage that occurs outside the great state of Idaho.

Scenario:
A same sex marriage occurs in Boston.  After the marriage, the couple move to Boise.  In Idaho this couple are not accorded the same "rights and priveleges" of a married couple.  Why not?

Esto Perpetua,