[Vision2020] Hatesplotches and Bumperstickers

bill london london@moscow.com
Sat, 07 Feb 2004 16:59:42 -0800

Of all the "news" items posted on the hatesplotch.net site, my personal
fave is the one reprinted below, which offers a bumpersticker with the
message:
"I'm in Lockstep with Bill"
First, I want to congratulate the author (s) for their insightful
ability to rise above the petty name-calling and empty slogan-making
that they explain is so rampant among the un-believing secularists.
Second, I want to purchase three of those bumperstickers, but was unable
to find an order form at that website.
Third, I would also like to suggest that the hatesplotchers create a
second bumpersticker that I think would be even a bigger seller:
"I'm in Lockstep with Doug"
BL
-----------
Today, local Moscow conspiracy theorist Bill London announced his “I’m
in Lockstep with Bill” campaign. Before a crowd estimated at 6,000, Bill
London explained the goal of the campaign was to “help the community
understand that ‘lockstep’ is just another word for freedom of
conscience. Everyone should be free to hold my personal grip on reality.
After all, only demonic people could disagree with me.”

Many in the crowd acknowledged that only Bill London has the telepathic
powers necessary to see into the conspiracies threatening Moscow. The
Moscow City Council is considering various resolutions in support of the
“I’m in Lockstep with Bill” campaign. Recent discussions have suggested
they replace explicit reference to “Bill London” with “Willy Says.”

When asked what prompted the campaign, London explained that he
represents people who don’t have very meaningful lives, and this filled
their free time. Bumper stickers with “I’m in Lockstep with Bill” white
lettering on green background are available wherever serfs are allowed
to raise their brows.