[Vision2020] I am really sick of hearing about Mr. Wilson

DonaldH675@aol.com DonaldH675@aol.com
Sat, 7 Feb 2004 16:31:11 EST

-------------------------------1076189471

Now you are going to receive my second post to this listserv and probably my
last on this subject. As a retired Marine Officer I have just a few words to
say to people who are getting tired of hearing about Mr. Wilson. I also am
getting tired of hearing about Mr. Wilson. I took an oath to "support and defend
the Constitution of the United States" and although I am retired I have never
been asked to refute that oath.
In my opinion, based on readings about reconstructionist Christianity and the
goals of the affiliated organizations, such as the League of the South, the
Ku Klux Klan, the radical Christian right, et cetera, those of us who are not
of their religion or belief had better beware. They do not believe in the
Constitution, especially separation of church and state, and if ever in power would
not hesitate to "terminate, with extreme prejudice," as the current jargon in
spy movies explains government executions, those of us not willing to accept
their version of religion. If you think I am exaggerating the threat read his
writings and see how many religious crimes require the death penalty (and
remember; in a theocracy criticism of the government is blasphemy).
Let's don't diminish the importance of this issue by trivializing it as a
silly little fight between people with a different view about religion. I
couldn't care less about Mr. Wilson's religious views. What I do care about
passionately is his self stated and published views about religious tolerance (or
intolerance in this case); his statements that this nation was founded as a
"Christian nation" which is patently, and easily proven, false; his insistence that
Biblical law (as carefully selected by him--much of the Biblical law is ignored
because it does not agree with his particular point of view) is higher than
Constitutional law; that slavery was a benificent arrangement for the slaves;
his absolute denigration of females and relegation to subservient roles; and
most of all his arrogant assumption that he has the only "true" interpretation
of these subjects.
In closing I will state that I am willing to read and evaluate whatever
anyone on the forum has to say about this issue or others related to freedom,
equality and justice. If we ignore threats to our basic rights under the
Constitution or threats to that document itself we could find ourselves in theocracy,
communism, fascism or worse. I, for one, have no intention of standing aside and
finding myself in the likes of Hitler's Germany, Stalin's USSR, Iraq under
Saddam Hussein, Iran's theocracy, or Mao's China. That is where we could end up
if we ignore issues like this one and Mr. Wilson and his ilk ever succeed in
their stated and published views.

Don Huskey

-------------------------------1076189471

<HTML><HEAD>
<META charset=3DUTF-8 http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charse=
t=3Dutf-8">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2734.1600" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV>Now you are going to receive my second post to this listserv and probab=
ly my last on this subject. As a retired Marine Officer I have just a few wo=
rds to say to people who are getting tired of hearing about Mr. Wilson. I al=
so am getting tired of hearing about Mr. Wilson. I took an oath to "support=20=
and defend the Constitution of the United States"&nbsp;and although I am ret=
ired I have never been asked to refute that oath.</DIV>
<DIV>In my opinion, based on readings about reconstructionist Christianity a=
nd the goals of the affiliated organizations, such as the League of the Sout=
h, the Ku Klux Klan, the radical Christian right, et cetera, those of us who=
 are not of their religion or belief had better beware. They do not believe=20=
in the Constitution, especially separation of church and state, and if ever=20=
in power would not hesitate to "terminate, with extreme prejudice," as the c=
urrent jargon in spy movies explains government executions,&nbsp;those of us=
 not willing to accept their version of religion. If you think I am exaggera=
ting the threat read his&nbsp;writings and see how many religious crimes req=
uire the death penalty (and remember; in a theocracy criticism of the govern=
ment is blasphemy).</DIV>
<DIV>Let's don't diminish the importance of this issue by trivializing it as=
 a silly little fight between&nbsp;people with a different view about religi=
on. I couldn't care less about Mr. Wilson's religious views. What I do care=20=
about passionately is his self stated and published views about religious to=
lerance (or intolerance in this case); his statements that this nation was f=
ounded as a "Christian nation" which is patently, and easily proven, false;&=
nbsp;his insistence that Biblical law (as carefully selected by him--much of=
 the Biblical law is ignored because it does not agree with his particular p=
oint of view) is higher than Constitutional law; that slavery was a benifice=
nt arrangement for the slaves; his absolute denigration of females and releg=
ation to subservient roles; and most of all his arrogant assumption that he=20=
has the only "true" interpretation of these subjects.</DIV>
<DIV>In closing I will state that I am willing to read and evaluate whatever=
 anyone on the forum has to say about this issue or others related to freedo=
m, equality and justice. If we ignore threats to our basic rights under the=20=
Constitution or threats to that document itself we could find ourselves in t=
heocracy, communism, fascism&nbsp;or worse. I, for one, have no intention of=
 standing aside and finding myself in the likes of Hitler's Germany, Stalin'=
s USSR, Iraq under Saddam Hussein, Iran's theocracy, or&nbsp;Mao's China. Th=
at is where we could end up if we ignore issues like this one and Mr. Wilson=
 and his ilk ever succeed in their stated and published views.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Don Huskey</DIV></BODY></HTML>