[Vision2020] The Damage Done in this Community

LuJane Nisse publisher lujane@lataheagle.com
Fri, 6 Feb 2004 17:37:47 -0800

------=_NextPart_000_00B4_01C3ECD7.EF3704F0

ditto
  -----Original Message-----
  From: vision2020-admin@moscow.com [mailto:vision2020-admin@moscow.com]On
Behalf Of Dan Carscallen
  Sent: Friday, February 06, 2004 5:32 PM
  To: vision2020@moscow.com
  Subject: Re: [Vision2020] The Damage Done in this Community

  I understood what LuJanne didn't understand the first time she didn't
understand it, I think.

  Anyhow, I don't understand the fear people have either -- because that's
exactly what causes them to act the way they do-- of the things that make us
different.  It's the differences that make us what we are, and makes Moscow
an interesting place to live.  I don't really care what someone's sexual
orientation, religion, ancestry, monetary preference, choice of vehicle,
motorcycle brand, whatever . . . happens to be.  I'm not going to shove my
views in anyone's face, and I don't need to know anyone else's.  To each his
own.  No matter what, we can all appreciate a good beer, or a tall glass of
lemonade or whatever, if that's your preference.

  In my opinion (not that anyone asked for it), that is the problem people
have with Christ Church.  They feel that the church is pushing their views
on this community.  Whether they are or not, I haven't personally been
approached by any of their members or had them push their beliefs on me.  I
may deal with members on a daily basis, and if they are, good for them.  I
don't know and don't care.  Just like I may deal with someone of a different
sexual orientation, religious belief system than myself, or even a *gasp!*
Ford driver on a daily basis.  Doesn't matter.  We're all people.

  Anyhow, I guess the gist of my ramblings is that you don't have to agree
with someone to be able to get along.  Wayne can tell you that he and I
don't necessarily see eye to eye on a lot of things, but it doesn't mean we
can't get together on a mutual cause.

  To each their own,

  DC