[Vision2020] Correction and Apology to George Grant (if he's reading)

Melynda Huskey mghuskey@msn.com
Thu, 05 Feb 2004 12:33:39 -0800

In an earlier email I wrote that George Grant had made a statement about
gays and lesbians which I have discovered he didn't make.  A Christian
Reconstructionist minister named Bob Enyart wrote, "Homos do not deserve
equal rights. The only rights homos should have is the right to a fair and
speedy trial."

I apologize wholeheartedly to George Grant for misattributing the quotation,
and for any disrepute my misattribution may have brought on him.

On the other hand, I did spend part of my evening reading George Grant's
*Legislating Immorality:  The Homosexual Movement Comes Out of the Closet*
(bought secondhand for 38 cents).

In that book, Grant laments the loss of the death penalty for incorrigibly
gay and lesbian people and advocates for its restoration as part of a
Biblical government.  He also recycles a bunch of nonsense from Paul Cameron
about the life expectancy, number of sexual partners, and sexual practices
of gay and lesbian people.

Grant doesn't go as far as Gary North, who wrote the foreword to
*Legislating Immorality;* he advocates public stoning in his book, *The
Sinai Strategy.*  "Why stoning? There are many reasons. First, the
implements of execution are available to everyone at virtually no cost. . .
.executions are community projects--not with spectators who watch a
professional executioner do `his' duty, but rather with actual participants.
. . .That modern Christians never consider the possibility of the
reintroduction of stoning for capital crimes indicates how thoroughly
humanistic concepts of punishment have influenced the thinking of
Christians."

Melynda Huskey

Check out the new MSN 9 Dial-up — fast & reliable Internet access with prime