[Vision2020] Fair questions calmly asked

Captain Kirker captainkirker@hotmail.com
Thu, 05 Feb 2004 18:28:48 +0000

Visionaries,

Carl Westberg Jr has asked some very good questions, and as an authorized
spokesman for Douglas Wilson, Captain Kirker will now provide answers:

1. Why was the “anonymous topless and proud” flyer of a few years back a
different animal than the “anonymous flyer” regarding this week’s conference
at the SUB?

The “anonymous topless and proud” flyer incident differed from the “Southern
Slavery anonymous flyer” in three ways:

(A)  First, the “Southern Slavery anonymous flyer” was truthful and
accurate. Indeed, it was so factually correct that Canon Press should have
rewarded its designers for the free publicity. Please note, the “Southern
Slavery anonymous flyer” said nothing about any conference. It simply said,
“MEET THE AUTHORS!” The “topless and proud” flyer, however, didn’t leave a
false impression; it told bald-faced lies. Wilson and Jones fabricated the
whole thing. And they couldn’t have pulled it off without the help of their
fellow elders Dr. Roy Atwood (UI Communications Dept.), Dr. Stan Miller (UI
geology prof.), and Bob Hieronymus (UI Marketing). Kudos to them for
advancing the cause of truth!

(B)  Second, the “topless and proud” incident was an April Fools’ Day prank
conducted by grown men who have a day named in their honor. The “Southern
Slavery anonymous flyer” was a promotional gimmick that brought attention to
the aforementioned fools.

(C)  Third, the “topless and proud” flyer incident was not “lying” because
Douglas Wilson says so. (You must remember that he is currently engaged in a
holy war against the “secularists,” and since lying is an act of war, he
feels morally justified.) And the “Southern Slavery anonymous flyer” was
“lying” because Douglas Wilson says so.

2. Given that there has been no “organized” boycott of Christ Church
businesses, why is an organized boycott against stores selling perfectly
legal products in a perfectly legal manner to perfectly legal age adults
different?

It’s only different if you assume that everyone uses the same standard. But
you can’t grant that assumption if you’re dealing with hypocrites. As noted,
they can paper the town with lying flyers; but they can’t be papered against
with truth. They say one thing; but the do another.

3. Are the quotes attributed to George Grant regarding homosexuality and
what some may regard as rather drastic punishment for that sexual persuasion
true?

Yes, the quotes provided by Rose Huskey are accurate. Unlike Wilson and
Jones, she has not relied on falsehoods or embellishments in her
representations.

Please let me know if I may be of any more assistance. As always, Captain
Kirker is at your service.

>From: "Carl Westberg" <carlwestberg846@hotmail.com>
>To: vision2020@moscow.com
>Subject: [Vision2020] Fair questions calmly asked
>Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 12:18:56 -0800
>
>There are 3 questions that have been asked on this forum a few times.  I
>think they are fair.  One, why was the "anonymous topless and proud" flyer
>of a few years back a different animal than the "anonymous flyer" regarding
>this week's conference at the SUB?  Two, and given that there has been no
>"organized" boycott of Christ Church businesses, why is an organized
>boycott against stores selling perfectly legal products in a perfectly
>legal manner to perfectly legal age adults different?  Third, are the
>quotes attributed to George Grant regarding homosexuality and what some may
>regard as rather drastic punishment for that sexual persuasion true?
>Again, I do not intend these to be confrontational.  I ask in a calm,
>non-confrontational manner, and I believe they can be answered in a like
>fashion.  Thank you.
>

>                                                                      Carl
>Westberg Jr.

>Get a FREE online virus check for your PC here, from McAfee.

>List services made available by First Step Internet, serving the
>                              mailto:Vision2020@moscow.com

Scope out the new MSN Plus Internet Software — optimizes dial-up to the max!