[Vision2020] Why Moscow?

Saundra Lund sslund@adelphia.net
Tue, 3 Feb 2004 20:24:11 -0800

Visionaries:

For those who listened to the London-Wilson debate, Mr. London provided,
IMHO, some excellent information about the political agenda and Christ
Church and why Moscow is the target of Wilson's empire building.

For those who missed the debate but are wondering why Wilson chose Moscow as
the place to build his empire, I recommend visiting Christ Church's Web site
(http://www.christkirk.com/).  Once there, click on the Sermons link along
the left and then go to Wilson's 12/28/2003 sermon entitled "State of the
Church 2003".  You can either listen to the sermon, or, if you're short of
time, look at the Notes (which are adequate for this purpose).  Of
particular interest, I think, are the sections on "Where We Are" and "How
Shall We Then Live," but feel free to read or listen to as much as you've
the stomach for.

I'll throw out a teaser to hopefully make you want to read more  :-):
"We have as our avowed goal the overthrow of unbelief and secularism."

The Daily News (1/24-25/2004) article entitled "WSU associate professor
turns cameras on church debate" provides us with more information:
"Wilson said people as far away as Korea were "voting with their feet" and
seeking out Moscow for the Christian climate . . . Wilson predicts that
Moscow will not be the same small liberal town 30 years from now . . . "It
is conceivable, for example, within the next five years that the government
school system may be the minority form of education for Moscow with private
education being the majority form," he said."

Wilson has also written:
"If those who hate the Word of God can succeed in getting Christians to be
embarrassed by any portion of the Word of God, then that portion will
continually be employed as a battering ram against the godly principles that
are currently under attack. In our day, three of the principal issues are
abortion, feminism, and sodomy."
http://www.credenda.org/old/issues/vol4/them4-6.htm

Clearly, then, we understand Wilson and his church's position on "abortion,
feminism, and sodomy."  <sigh>

However, how many of us knew that Wilson's opposition to equal rights for
women is rabid enough that should women be allowed in combat to defend our
country, he would advocate the following?
"The American military is currently acting the part of a weak sister.  The
pressure is on to bring women into combat roles. . . Indications of our
cultural dissolution are legion these days, but this one ranks in the top
five . . . A nation defended by her women is a nation no longer worth
defending.  When women are placed in the front line of defense, every
Christian man should walk away from the cause of that nation as being
beneath contempt.  Taking this a step further, a nation as far gone as to
think that women in combat is a viable way to go is a nation which is no
longer defensible in principle-even if there remains a misguided desire to
defend it.  Men who understand their duties in this regard . . . should
recognize that the result of all our evangelical dithering about is that the
nation which we call the United States has already been lost."
http://www.credenda.org/issues/10-3husbandry.php

Wow!

Since the US is already "lost," what, then, is a man to do?  Well, never
fear because Wilson has your answer, and it offers further insight into his
empire building here in Moscow:
"Families should begin congregating in communities where these duties are
understood, and the men of those communities have every intention of
fulfilling those duties.  Christian men who are in the military should get
out at the first lawful opportunity and move to a community where they may
defend their families instead of their current unwilling defense of the
feminist agenda . . . The prohibition to women in Deuteronomy 22:5 is one
which blindsides us.  We knew abortion and homosexuality were abominations."

Double-wow!!  So, is it Wilson's perception that *our* Moscow community
*doesn't* support women's rights (among other things)???  I guess he thinks
it doesn't really matter what our community values since his empire is
recruiting people to move to our community who share his desires for a
theocracy -- I guess he figures (incorrectly, I hope) that has to start
someplace, so he's targeted our community as the first step  :-(  That seems
clear to me in spite of Wilson's public protestations otherwise.

I hope and pray this community will continue to wake up and smell Wilson's
coffee . . . and understand *why* it's necessary to speak out against such
wickedness.  He has a very clearly stated agenda that I believe is abhorrent
to our community and flatly antithetical to what makes our community Moscow.

But, please, Please, PLEASE *don't* take my word for it!  Go straight to the
horse's mouth and read Wilson's own published words.  Compare and contrast
what he says when he's talking to others who share his beliefs with what he
says when he's addressing those who don't share his particular flavor of
Christianity.  As a community, I hope we will continue to use our collective
critical thinking skills to keep the wool from being pulled over our eyes.

So, please remind me again:  who is it that's supposed to be intolerant???

Saundra Lund
Who, I Guess, Is One of the PROUD Intoleristas (LOL)
Moscow, ID

nothing.
-Edmund Burke