[Vision2020] Steve Wilkins speaking on the Sin of Racism

Melynda Huskey mghuskey@msn.com
Tue, 03 Feb 2004 08:55:03 -0800

Jerry Owen writes:

>Much like Collegiate Reformed Fellowship's forum against racism last
>semester, we are hoping for a helpful and considerate discussion.  Please
>come.

How unlike last semester's CRF forum against gay and lesbian people and
their civil rights, which was neither helpful to nor considerate of the
community.  The flyers dropped off at the GLBA Center announced a program
called "Homosexuality and Hate Speech."  A somewhat misleading title for a
program which claimed glbt people are the perpetrators, not the victims, of
hate speech.  Luckily, the community was proactive about sharing
information, and the glbt people who attended knew what to expect.

You'd think CRF would be more careful with their flyers, as sensitive as
Doug Wilson is to false insinuations in that particular format.

Will George Grant will be presenting his unique views on gay and lesbian
citizens while he's in town, Jerry?  As you know, he has written that the
only civil right gays and lesbians have is the right to a speedy trial, and
he's a strong advocate for killing us all just as soon as we can be
convicted.

Melynda Huskey