[Vision2020] No I Won't! ...call me a Fool

Aldoussoma@aol.com Aldoussoma@aol.com
Tue, 3 Feb 2004 05:48:48 EST

--part1_1e1.18abaa85.2d50d690_boundary

Mark and All:

Thanks for your thoughtful reply!

One person's struggle against what they find of critical importance to oppose
will be to someone else of a different mindset an effort with a "negative
pallor."  No doubt there are many tax paying patriotic citizens in Moscow who
think the anti-war protests in Friendship Square also are an effort with a
"negative pallor" that undermines our country's war efforts that has little to do
with improving or helping the local community.  I don't agree with this
assessment, but no doubt I am accurately describing what many think.

I surmise that you would like V2020 to be more focused on local issues
defined in a certain way, and many agree with you, I know.  However, it has become a
truism of modern life that the world is more and more interconnected in ways
that dictate that what happens at the national and international level will
impact local issues and vice versa, so the division of issues into local,
regional, national, or international is becoming blurred or downright irrelevant.

I think the possibility that for whatever reason, Moscow could be perceived
as a center for religious extremism associated with denying women leadership
roles, or neo-confederate Christian sympathizing, or Gay persecution based on a
"God" endorsed moral code requiring draconian sanctions against Gays, or for
those who wish to dismantle the public schools, is an issue of importance that
is both local and regional or national at once.  Furthermore, though there may
be an exaggeration of the extent to which these just mentioned views of
certain religious groups in our area (and in saying this I am deliberately
including more than one religious group) can or will impact the community, the
potential for greater impact on Moscow and the area is a possibility that I do not
think indicates the issues should be ignored or downplayed.

I do agree that there are other issues very worthy of discussion on V2020
that do get ignored, like the proposed rock crushing site north of Moscow, and
all the other issues you raised.

Ted

--part1_1e1.18abaa85.2d50d690_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10>
<BR>Mark and All:
<BR>
<BR>Thanks for your thoughtful reply!=20
<BR>
<BR>One person's struggle against what they find of critical importance to o=
ppose will be to someone else of a different mindset an effort with a "negat=
ive pallor." &nbsp;No doubt there are many tax paying patriotic citizens in=20=
Moscow who think the anti-war protests in Friendship Square also are an effo=
rt with a "negative pallor" that undermines our country's war efforts that h=
as little to do with improving or helping the local community. &nbsp;I don't=
 agree with this assessment, but no doubt I am accurately describing what ma=
ny think.
<BR>
<BR>I surmise that you would like V2020 to be more focused on local issues d=
efined in a certain way, and many agree with you, I know. &nbsp;However, it=20=
has become a truism of modern life that the world is more and more interconn=
ected in ways that dictate that what happens at the national and internation=
al level will impact local issues and vice versa, so the division of issues=20=
into local, regional, national, or international is becoming blurred or down=
right irrelevant.
<BR>
<BR>I think the possibility that for whatever reason, Moscow could be percei=
ved as a center for religious extremism associated with denying women leader=
ship roles, or neo-confederate Christian sympathizing, or Gay persecution ba=
sed on a "God" endorsed moral code requiring draconian sanctions against Gay=
s, or for those who wish to dismantle the public schools, is an issue of imp=
ortance that is both local and regional or national at once. &nbsp;Furthermo=
re, though there may be an exaggeration of the extent to which these just me=
ntioned views of certain religious groups in our area (and in saying this I=20=
am deliberately including more than one religious group) can or will impact=20=
the community, the potential for greater impact on Moscow and the area is a=20=
possibility that I do not think indicates the issues should be ignored or do=
wnplayed.
<BR>
<BR>I do agree that there are other issues very worthy of discussion on V202=
0 that do get ignored, like the proposed rock crushing site north of Moscow,=
 and all the other issues you raised.
<BR>
<BR>Ted</FONT></HTML>

--part1_1e1.18abaa85.2d50d690_boundary--