[Vision2020] What is relative moralis

Scott Dredge sdredge@yahoo.com
Mon, 2 Feb 2004 11:09:09 -0800 (PST)

Bubba,

Your initial question was broad when you asked how to
determine, in essence, right from wrong.  In general,
I think there are some things that are obviously
wrong, then there is a large gray area, and then there
are some things that are clearly not wrong.

If you need a standard to point to for determining
right and wrong in the United States, refer to the
criminal and civil codes at the federal, state, and
local levels.

Was there something in particular that you were
confused about in determing right from wrong such as
"Was it wrong for Janet Jackson during the Super Bowl
haftime show to bare her breast complete with a metal
solar nipple medallion?"  I'm sure there will be a lot
of debate on this topic.  Some will think it's
obviously wrong, some will think it's only wrong if
she enjoyed what she did, others like me won't give it
a fleeting thought and instead we'll just stare, still
others will say that there was nothing wrong the
breast but that the medallion adorning the nipple was
disgusting.  Some will say, "Fox has stooped to all
new low", before realizing that this Fox-like stunt
was performed on CBS.  Execs at Fox might say, "Why
didn't we think of this?" and then they might all
start brainstorming for ideas on a new reality show.

Does this answer the subject heading of your original
post which read, "What is relative moralis?"

-Scott