[Vision2020] The true definition of God and her plan for the universe.

Tbertruss at aol.com Tbertruss at aol.com
Thu Dec 30 12:37:03 PST 2004

Brad et. al.

I don't think we can realistically expect people to "move on" from discussing
the definition of "God" and related concepts in an unmoderated list serve, at
least not for long.  I expect these issues to be hotly debated for many
thousands of years.  Most people believe in a "God" or "Gods" or "Goddesses," or
worship "spiritual" beings (think Buddha) of one sort or another, and based on
this belief, organize their behavior and values, whether rationally or not.
These beliefs are fundamental to how societies function all over the world,
despite the insistence by many to keep religion out of the sphere of public
debate, as though it's a waste of time or rude to critically analyze the basics of
belief for the majority of people.  And while I may not be able to program a
computer chip or explain DNA right this moment, if I chose to not be exposed to
debates on religious issues, the delete option for my e-mail is quick and
easy, as it should be for anyone who can competently contemplate manipulating DNA.

I do think it good for bogus theological pontificating to be challenged
publicly!  Especially when people who insist on not facing facts, with as ostrich
style approach, as they pontificate on their religion, extent this irrational
nonsense to politics and economics, helping to elect a fellow believer in
pontificating religious dogma, who takes our nation to war and death and
destruction, with a certainty of "faith" that utilized blatant lies to mislead the whole
nation!

Evangelicals in America have extended their propensity to deny facts and
logic to politics and war, and this effects everyone!  The majority of
Evangelicals, it has been determined, believe to be true several of the lies the Bush
administration used to take us to war, among these lies that Saddam was tied to
9/11.

We are free in the USA to follow any religion we want, and I support this
freedom.  But when those who follow a particular interpretation of one religion
start to use this "faith," and associated habits of thought, to take us all to
war, any deficiencies of fact or logic in their approach should be publicly
challenged with vigor!

Free speech and thought in the public sphere ... it's wonderful!

Ted Moffett