[Vision2020] Dropping a log on Dale's blog

Joan Opyr auntiestablishment at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 26 17:21:30 PST 2004

Dear Visionaries,

As I've mentioned before, I don't follow Dale Courtney's or Doug Wilson's blogs.  This is because A) I'm very busy these days plugging the upcoming publication of my *book; and B) if I wanted any more crap out of either of them, I'd squeeze their heads.  However, as several people have now emailed me privately to tell me that Dale has referred to me as an atheist, I feel that I must lower the boom on his blog and set the record straight.  (Or as straight as I can considering the fact that I'm a lesbian and thus by definition as bent as a dog's hind leg.  But I digress.  As usual.  A-hem.)

I am not an atheist; I am a Jew.  I believe in one God, and that one God would be the God of Abraham.  Dale, as a self-proclaimed Reformed Christian, technically worships the same God I worship.  The only difference is that Dale has given my God a few accessories, like a son, a Virgin, and a split personality (think The Three Faces of Eve).  Now, I happen to like my God simple and singular, not Trinitarian, not belled, and not whistled.  Nevertheless, I believe that it is incumbent upon Dale (and, for that matter, upon all Christians) to recognize that the God they worship is the God of the Jews.  The Burning Bush.  The voice on Mount Sinai.  The pillar of fire and cloud.  Jehovah is Jehovah is Jehovah, but that doesn't mean that unless I worship him in triplicate, I'm an atheist.  Far from it.

If I were in any way childish or immature, I might go so far as to remind Dale that my people got to the flaming shrubbery first, and that he and his ilk are really just a load of Johnny-come-latelys.  I might toss in a "neener-neener," or a "nyuk-nyuk," or a "shut yer yap, ya ignorant gentile."  Good thing I'm not, eh?  That would be so tacky.

I've got a brand new pair of roller-skates.  I want Dale to give me back my key.

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
*book, as in first novel, as in to be published in the Fall of 2005 by Bywater Books, which can be visited at www.bywaterbooks.com.