[Vision2020] A simple question

Joan Opyr auntiestablishment at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 15 15:13:30 PST 2004

>From the CCS guide to teaching about Southern slavery:

Racism:
The students should know that as a matter of biblical principle, and as an integral part of our official school position, we denounce every form of racism, racial animosity or racial vainglory. God created man in His own image, and has made from one blood all the nations of the earth (Acts 17:26). We believe firmly that in the gospel God has reversed the curse of Babel, and that in Christ there is neither Jew nor Greek, male or female, slave or free, black or white, Asian or Hispanic (Galatians 3:28).

If in Christ there is neither male nor female, then what is the Wilsonian justification for "federal husbandship," anti-feminism, and the subordination of women within the Christian home?  In short, if in Christ biology is not destiny, then why does Doug give a toss about male and female?  Could it be that he has a more prosaic reason for enforcing rigid and stereotypical gender roles, i.e., he's realized that it's more fun to smoke cigars and swill brandy than to change diapers and do the dishes?

Just wondering (as I smoke my cigar and do the dishes),

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
Serving Idaho's liberal elite since 1993Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com