[Vision2020] Mariners Hot Stove Stuff

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Dec 15 13:01:30 PST 2004

Greetings Visionaires -

Being a longtime Athletics fan (going back to when Reggie Jackson, Mr.
October, was a rookie) and having lived in Idaho since I retired from the
service in 1989, I find that I do have something in common with Mariner
fans.  I hate the Yankees.  So, it tended to upset me when I read (a while
back) that ace pitcher Pedro Martinez of the Red Sox was contemplating
signing with the much hated Yankees.

Good News!  Pedro Martinez, who started his professional baseball career
with the Los Angeles Dodgers and moved on to Boston, is in New York, but NOT
(repeat "NOT") with the Yankees.  He signed with the New York Mets, a team
that I have secretly admired since 1969.  Remember the Amazin' Mets of Casey
Stengel?

Just tossin' in my little bit of sunshine into the dark abyss.

Take care,

Tom "49er" Hansen