[Vision2020] V2020 Success

Tbertruss at aol.com Tbertruss at aol.com
Sat Dec 11 12:14:13 PST 2004

LRosgen et. al.

I was not in any way advocating abandoning V2020, but only pointing out that
if First Step decided it best to stop sponsoring V2020, there are other
alternatives to continue a community list serve that are "free."  I have belonged to
many "free" list serves, so V2020, for moi, is just an extension of this
Internet world of online communication.

I love usenet (once under the DejaNews banner but now taken over by Google)
for the discussion groups that are ongoing for an endless number of subjects.
Anyone can create their own discussion group for a new subject.  And what is
interesting is that there is a huge amount of info available on usenet that is
not accessed via a Google Internet search.  You must do a "groups" search,
separate from Google's Internet search.  How this works I am not sure, but usenet
is a separate part of the Internet, in some sense.  Usenet goes way back to
the origins of the Internet, I think.

I may become a First Step customer if they can provide high speed wireless
Internet beamed to my location in rural Latah County.  Apparently they are
working on this.

Ted Moffett