[Vision2020] "As Jesus Cared for Women:Restoring Women Then andNow."

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Dec 2 12:38:34 PST 2004

This appointment by George Bush is incredibly dangerous.  To think that we,
as American citizens, cannot discourage Bush from continuing with this
appointment sickens me.

Here are what readers had to say about Quack Hager's book "As Jesus Cared
for Women: Restoring Women Then and Now".

-------------------

Prayers for PMS? Beatitudes for bulimia?, February 21, 2003

Reviewer: M. Ahrens "maggieliz" (York PA) - See all my reviews

He encourages women to turn to prayer and scripture to help heal ailments
such as premenstrual syndrome, postpartum depression and eating disorders.

Don't waste your money or your time. Maybe faith can heal, and prayer can
cure. However, I wouldn't go to a Doctor for spiritual counseling...why is
this Priest-[come]-Physician practicing medicine?

Was this review helpful to you?   (Report this)

response to 'Reality Check', November 9, 2004

Reviewer: J. Reid "javajules" (Colorado, USA) - See all my reviews

Dr Hagar is not "out in June 2004." In fact, he has been appointed for
another year (starting in June 2004). Time magazine reported that "In his
private practice, two sources familiar with it say, Hager refuses to
prescribe contraceptives to unmarried women." Do not buy this guy's book. If
you must, borrow it from a church.

Was this review helpful to you?   (Report this)

Lord save me from your followers, October 1, 2004

Reviewer: J. Naik "Love God Not Religion" (Florida, USA) - See all my
reviews

I can't believe how many people born and raised in America believe in
holistic quacks. I am from India, which is way back there and full of
holisitic healers and superstitious people. Even I can see thru "fanatic
Christian doctors". I was raised in a catholic convent and still go to
church. But, Good Lord what is it going to take people to believe in
Science? Cannot science and religion exist side-by-side in peace without
encroaching on each other's territory. We say we believe in separation of
church and state. How about separating Church from scientific research? Use
science to heal bodies and religion to heal souls. Simple as that.

Even if he was not religious, the worst part about this whole thing is that
he is a MAN making decisions about a WOMAN"S body. What the hell does he
know about women's bodies?

reality check, March 1, 2004

Reviewer: A reader

Here're the facts: The man is a member of the FDA committee, not the chair.
He was appointed in December 2002 (two years ago, folks) and he'll be out in
June of this year (2004). The chair of the committee is a woman scientist
from Stanford. Some of the circulating Hager rumour is exaggerated. However,
at least three standing members in the FDA roster do publicly blend their
christianity with their Science. I'm simply glad there are still committees
of scientists involved in government. I tried three weeks ago to post this
message with links to corroborate myself, but my post didn't make it up
here. Since the rumour (see snopes) is up again, I thought I would try to
rebut the previous reviewer anyway.

Dangerous and Inappropriate, July 25, 2003

Reviewer: A reader

President Bush has announced his plan to select Dr. W. David Hager to head
up the Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) Reproductive Health Drugs
Advisory Committee, and is likely to fill the other eleven positions with
similar Christian Rightwingers. Congress cannot stop this. I guess we better
all start praying, since the government will be making decisions about the
availablity of drugs on religious grounds, rather than scientific
information.

  _____